‘I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.’
Our Vision for our children comes from them; their curiosity, their enthusiasm, their innocence, acceptance and exuberance, their joy in life, embracing of all, and their love of learning.
At St Mary’s we feel privileged to be part of a family of children and adults with such a wide range of experiences and such strong faith. Through scripture, God asks us to make the most of what we have, and have it to the full, to enjoy life and help others to enjoy it also.
Therefore we aim to offer a wide range of experiences and a curriculum bursting with opportunity. We want our children, and our adults, to experience art, music, culture, dance, literature, sport, technology, travel, design, nature, science, history and maths through stimulating experiences anchored by our faith.
We have incredibly high aspirations for our children, and nurture them, guided by the Gospel Values, to work hard and aim higher, always improving their work and using their learning towards their next steps whilst supporting those around them on their journey.
- To nurture a love of new experiences and of learning about life.
- To nurture knowledge, first-hand experience and an understanding of The Gospel Values in everyday life that inspires them to communicate them to support others.
- To nurture a positive learning culture, where we all strive to constantly improve and where we learn from our mistakes; where FAIL means:
- To nurture confidence and self-respect alongside compassion and respect for all.
- To nurture happiness in our own skin, and happiness with others, in the knowledge that life is a gift from God, given to enrich the lives of others.
- To nurture confident, considered risk taking, to have a go, try new things and encourage others to do the same.
- To nurture and praise the journey with high expectations and aspirations for all, always aiming for the best, always striving to grow.
- To nurture a sense of safety, of respect, of care for ourselves and a responsibility to care for others.
- To nurture our adults and our children, to ensure our Mission and Vision are modelled well and consistently by staff, volunteers, pupils and families.
- To nurture a need to continue our journey, to be lifelong learners, and to support those in need.
- To nurture the Catholic faith in our children in a way that they live life with Jesus’s lifelong work and teachings as their guide.
- To support the parish of St Mary’s in the development of a community of faith, prayer and Sacramental life.
- To nurture our sense of uniqueness, and celebrate that what our world has to offer in respect of culture, faith, origin and background is what makes it so beautiful.