Welcome to Friends of St. Mary's
Registered Charity No. 1122024
The Friends of St Mary’s PTFA is an excellent way to bring together parents, staff, family and the local community. All parents and family members of children in the school are welcome to get involved.
Our aim is to advance the education and enjoyment of pupils in St Mary’s school in particular by:-
Engaging in activities and providing facilities and equipment which support the school and advance the education of our pupils.
We do this through friendship, fundraising and fun.
We have recently contributed towards
- Interactive Smartboard for a classroom
- Improvement of drainage of the school playing fields
- Whole school playtime outdoor equipment
- Christmas and Easter surprises for pupils
- Year 6 Bible leaving gifts
- Foundation Stage ‘learn through play’ equipment
- Sacramental programme resources
We are a friendly team of volunteer parents, grandparents and staff who meet each half-term to plan a variety of social and fundraising events. Together with the professionals in school and the students we decide which projects would benefit from the financial assistance of the FoSM.
Our recent events include
- School disco
- Film night
- Mother’s Day and Christmas gift shops for pupils
- Christmas and Summer Fair and Christmas Market
- Family Quiz and Games nights
- Bags2school fundraising clothes collections
- Christmas cards and gifts designed by the children
- Hamper Raffle
Don’t be shy. Come along and get involved.
We need help in lots of ways -
- Help set up or clear away for an event – a great way to get involved gently
- Get involved in running a stall or activity at a our many fabulous events
- Behind the scenes – baking, creating games or decorations for events
- Approaching local businesses, family or friends for offers of services or raffle prizes.
We are a registered charity which means everybody can help to raise money just by registering to shop online via Easyfundraising or by joining our 50/50 club - use the links on the FoSM page of the school website.
A warm invitation is extended to all with children in St Mary’s school from pre-school to Year 6.
Get in touch by speaking to a PTFA volunteer, pass on your contact details via the school office, or come along to a meeting or event.
Join our Facebook page Friends of St Mary’s Langho PTA to keep up to date
We look forward to meeting you.